Most recent

I dug my own grave

I always have dreams almost every night (falling or jumping from high places, losing all my teeth,  dreaming of being late at school, etc) but this dream is different. It's like I’m aware I’m dreaming but there’s nothing I can do to wake up or to make it stop. I was 15 or 16 at the time. I was in a boarding house near my school and I have 4 roommates. The 4 of us share the same room, the room has 2 bunk beds. We have our own restroom and a kitchen. For 4 - 5 days I keep on dreaming of my college Professor whom I dislike. He is so bossy and loves to order us around to do things that are not school related. In my dream, he’s shouting at me and ordering me to carry different things. On the first night, I was carrying a lot of books. Next night I was carrying garden tools like a shovel, watering can, gloves, and plant seeds. This continued for 2 - 3 nights and every time I woke up my arms hurt and they were shaking as if I carried heavy stuff. I am so confused why am I dreaming of him!

What is mistrust?

If you search the meaning through a dictionary it will provide you “doubt about someone's honesty “. Most likely it’s from trusting too much and being left behind, sharing secrets to someone and that person gossip it behind your back. Loving a person and being cheated. Below are open letters from friends that experience being disappointed that leads to mistrust or to have trust issues. 



Olivia

“My boyfriend of 3 years had an affair with my best friend when I got confined in the hospital for a month, I never felt so confused in my life. Having trouble on how to look at them in the face whenever we are on the same elevator coz we are working on the same company. I ended up blocking them in all social media, to avoid seeing their photos together. FYI – they didn’t even apologized for what had happened. After several months I resign and move on with my life to meet other people and to help myself to have a break. Until now having issues trusting people - Can you blame me?”

John

“I have been hurt by so many people in my life and sometimes when I think back on it I think that a large part of this comes form placing too much faith in one person and then them not living up to the super high expectations that I have placed on them.

I know that much of this is not their fault. I would not feel so let down if I had the confidence to place all that trust in myself and not trying to leave it up to someone else. I am working on all of that but I want to be able to depend in others and not be so let down all the time, but maybe I can’t have that until I can fully find that in myself.” 


Where Do Trust Issues Come From?

Trust can take years to develop, but it can be destroyed in an instant. People who have issues with trust have often had significant negative experiences in the past with individuals or organizations they initially deemed trustworthy. For example, studies show that children of divorced parents and those from abusive households are more likely to have intimacy, commitment, and trust issues in future relationships.

While trust issues sometimes develop from negative interactions experienced during early childhood, social rejection during adolescence or traumatic experiences during adulthood can also lead to trust issues for an individual. Betrayal in the form of infidelity in romantic relationships can cause trust issues throughout a person’s life. Significant loss of financial resources or perceived injustice at the hands of authority figures can even cause strong feelings of mistrust toward institutions rather than people. The fragile state of the nation’s economy, for example, has resulted in many people losing trust in the banking system and government organizations.

In short, when a person’s trust is repeatedly violated, his or her belief system can be affected profoundly, causing future concerns with placing trust in people or organizations.

Signs that a person may be mistrustful

  • A total lack of intimacy or friendships due to mistrust 
  • Mistrust that interferes with one's primary relationship 
  • Several intensely dramatic and stormy relationships in a row or at once 
  • Racing thoughts of suspicion or anxiety about friends and family 
  • Terror during physical intimacy 
  • Belief that others are deceptive and malevolent, without real evidence 
Note: people are to complex to understand, some of them can act and lie so good that they can make you believe that they are trust worthy even they aren't. BE VIGILANT!

Comments

  1. I became satisfied to examine this article after looking at google, after reading I have written a piece of article about: star apple fruit Thank you for the article and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment